Most Insurances Accepted:
PEMF Therapy (Pulse Electromagnetic Field)
by Ram Parikh, D.C.
What is PEMF Therapy?
PEMF Therapy uses pulsed electromagnetic fields to bathe low energy cells in pure, raw energy. Each cell in your body is actually a capacitor, or battery, which holds a charge. Your entire body is electrical and your cells each need a measurable electrical charge to function optimally. In order to maintain good wellness, cells must be doing their jobs. PEMF Therapy heals damaged tissues and bone, to relieve injury-related pain, and even to stimulate organs.
What does science say about PEMF Therapy?
Here’s what scientists were able to demonstrate about PEMF therapy so far:
- PEMF measurably reduced pain and swelling following plastic surgery.
- A sizeable body of research shows that PEMF helps slow-healing tibial fractures fuse.
- A small study demonstrated that PEMF therapy reduces pain from chronic pain conditions and fibromyalgia.
- Animal studies show the potential of PEMF therapy in regenerating nerve fibers in the spinal cord and peripheral nerves, which is promising for the future of regenerative medicine
- In cell cultures, PEMF treatment seemed to activate lysozyme, which is a major step in the bone regeneration process.
- Treatment with PEMF improved osteoarthritis by keeping cartilage from breaking down.
- PEMF impacted the growth of bone cells in cell cultures, which formed bone tissue in lab tests.
- In a small study, people with rotator cuff injuries went through PEMF therapy, and all participants had either reduced or eliminated symptoms.
- Just one month of PEMF treatment improved pain and functional performance in arthritis patients.
- PEMF therapy helped regenerate the liver faster in rats who had part of the liver removed.
What conditions can help with PEMF Therapy?
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Foot Pain
- Neuropathy pain